Whenever you are wondering what you will eat through a busy day you can find that salad always brings you back to your happy self. Also, it can rewards you with glowing skin, great energy and you will feel good by knowing that you are doing something great for your body.
The dressing is the secret which takes salad to the next level. Dressings can transform the daily tossed salad into a tasty celebration. It is a perfect time to make your own, if you haven’t already tried making your own! In this article we are going to show you some of the easy, fast and vitality-boosting ideas for salad dressing.
You need to make sure to use the freshest produce that you can find, if it is possible, find an organic one. And yes, it is possible to find a good produce department, even in the middle of winter. You should use lettuces that are richly colored, such as red leaf, romaine, spinach, arugula, baby kale, mesclun mix and also some of your favorite veggie additions. And belie us, your body will be grateful you for the hydration and enzymes nutrients that they provide.
The Dressing Ingredients
Omega-rich oils hearten skin, healthy hair and nails; apple and citrus cider vinegar jumpstart the liver. An ancient ingredient – Miso – buzzing with digestion-enhancing probiotics. Also, healthy salts have minerals, while blood cleansing immune booster is garlic. Ginger is warming and soothing for the belly. And turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Now, you should experiment with these and you will see how you feel!
Now, as you have a few staples on hand, you’re only 10 minutes away from putting together something that is really good. Now we will show you the list of ingredients for a necessary vinaigrette dressing:
- Fresh lemon or a fresh orange
- Cold-pressed oil such as hemp, flax or extra virgin olive
- Tamari, Sea Salt, or Braggs Amines
- Apple Cider Vinegar
If you are in the mood for a creamy dressing you can add a dairy-free creamy option to the vinaigrette. Now we will show you nutrient-packed ingredients that will make excellent dairy replacements. You could use a blender or whisk, and mix one of these into the basic vinaigrette:
- Mashed Avocado
- Almond Butter or Tahini
- Mild miso—lends a creamy texture and saltiness as well
- Cashews, soaked in water for four to eight hours and then drained it and blended until become smooth
And the fun part is exploring spices and herbs:
- Fresh herbs such as oregano, basil or thyme can be used by the handful. Dried herbs are great as well; you should use it in smaller quantities
- Grated fresh garlic and ginger are perfect everyday
- Cayenne, turmeric and curry powder have anti-inflammatory properties
- Mustard for a French dressing
- Dulse flakes add minerals and flavor
Add vinegar and you could use the same sauce over grains or steamed veggies.
Now, blend everything and find your favorite! This is the list of our favorite:
- 1/4 cup Flax Oil
- Miso Tahini Dressing with a Citrus Twist
- Juice from one Lemon
- Juice from a small Orange/Tangelo or two Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. Braggs Aminos or Tamari
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Tahini
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Rice Miso
- 1 tsp. grated Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- Dash of Cayenne
Small handful fresh or 1tsp dried OreganoRead More
Well, the summer is approaching, and we are already looking forward to it. And what’s not to look forward to? Nice weather, nice food, travels, sea air, beaches… But, how to get in shape for all those things? Well, we are going to give you seven tips that will help your body get in shape for the summer. And we are not talking about 7 types of exercises of 7 gyms to visit. We are going to give you some tips that anyone can follow no matter if you’re an Olympic athlete of a physics student.
1 – Summer salads
You should try and make a nice tasty summer salad for yourself. We know that most people think salads are tasteless, but they really are not. You can use some of your local flesh fruits, and add some lettuce or wild arugula. It will help cool your body down, and besides that, it tastes great!
2 – Antioxidants
You can drink a cup of these antioxidants each morning to start your day fresh. After you’ve had them, you can go ahead and drink your favorite coffee or an espresso. These antioxidants help your body get in shape and get rid of those pesky oxidants that bring havoc to our bodies.
3 – Low Glycemic Index food
You should try eating more Low Glycemic Index foods, which are great for your body. Some of these foods include brown rice, peanut butters, wheat, etc. Also, these Low Glycemic Foods do not stimulate insulin like the Glycemic Foods do, so they do not lead to any inflammations in your body.
4 – Hanging upside down
Hanging upside down does wonders for your body, unless you have a heart disease, high blood pressure, or you’re pregnant. This improves your blood flow and is awesome for your neck and spine. Basically, you just hang upside down, and the gravity does all the hard work for you. Great, isn’t it? Just make sure you consult your doctor before doing this exercise.
5 – Energizing breakfasts
Make energizing breakfasts that include fats and proteins. It’s good to start a day like that, because it makes you stronger to deal with everything a summer day brings. You can find some recopies on the web or in some cook-books.
6 – Have sex!
Well, this one must be a favorite one for everyone out there. Yes, have more sex. Sex can help reduce the stress of your body and strengthens the muscles around your pelvic area. It’s the perfect exercise that will help you get healthy and will make you feel great! And yes, we do realize that not everyone has a partner, so we recommend using some sex toys. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, as they have the same effect as the real sex does.
7 – Interesting exercises
You should do the exercise that make you feel good, so find some funny and interesting way to exercise. Do whatever floats your boat, and remember to stretch yourself when you wake up. Anything for a healthy body.Read More
A new study has shown that drinking soda such as cola that contains caramel color raises cancer risk because of its caramel coloring. It is found on the research that4-Mel – 4-methylimidazole is the chemical which gives cola that interesting caramel color is a possibly carcinogen. For restrict use of 4-Mel there are not any federal regulations. But more than a half of American people – according to the report – between age six to sixty four drink enough soda on a regular basis to raise their cancer risk.
Although there are not any federal regulations on how much of the chemical manufacturers can be put in beverages, California does require companies to include a cancer warning label if the drink contains more than twenty nine micrograms in a twelve ounce can or bottle.
The average person age 6 to 64 drank around 2 and a half cans of cola 2 day. Around 1/3 of children between ages 3 and 5 drank 2/3 of a can every day. Also, people between age sixteen and forty four were the most common cola drinkers, and they consume around 3 cans per day.
During this analysis, the researchers concluded that in the next seventy years, there can be around 6,000 incidences of cancer that are related directly to cola consumption.
But with cracking down on the soft drink industry, it won’t eliminate the chemical from the American diet. Sadly, dark-colored carbonated beverages aren’t the only source of 4-Mel. This chemical is used in barbecue and soy sauce as well, and also in pancake syrup and some soups.
Caramel color is one of the most widely used and oldest food colorings. This color is a water soluble food coloring that is made by heat treatment of carbohydrates in the presence of alkalis, acids, or salts and that process is called caramelization. This caramel color is broadly approved for use in beverages and foods internationally but application and use level restrictions are different in each country. For aesthetic purposes some manufactures add the food coloring.
By the state of the researchers, they have analyzed consumption of all sodas, and categorized soda into 5 equally selected categories: 1) diet-cola, 2) cola, 3) pepper cola, 4) root beer, and 5) other types of cola beverage. So, the amount of the population that consumes every type of soft beverage varied with colas as the most popular while the pepper colas and root beer are the least popular. Regular daily consumptions of any soda were between 560 and 1,080 milliliters by 17- to 21-year-olds and between 458 and 865 milliliters by 46- to 65-year-olds.
Soft drink consumers are exposed to an unnecessary and avoidable cancer risk from an ingredient that is being added to these beverages just for artistic purposes. You should know that this needless exposure poses is a threat to public health and it also raises questions about the continued use of caramel coloring in soda.Read More
Nowadays, it is harder than ever to keep your weight under control. The fact that 2/3 of American adults and 1/3 of teens and children are obese or overweight.
Weight management is a worry for a lot of people, and a lot of them struggle to conclude what they are doing wrong. It can fail to make a dent for some people, even by exercising regularly.
So, it is important to understand that while exercise is definitely part of the method for success, the foods you choose to eat are 3 times more important for controlling your weight instead of your exercise. So, watch what you eat. You need to have a nice, healthy and balanced diet.
It is very easy to sabotage yourself with sweetened beverages and processed foods. A lot of people also don’t get enough fiber. Researcher suggests that could be another key component for successful weight loss.
Basically, by upping your fiber intake that could truly help you to achieve results rivaling to more complicated diets. Some previous research has verified that fiber has suppressant of appetite qualities that helps you feel more full and in that way preventing harmful snacking.
Also, it has been shown to recover metabolic markers such as cholesterol levels, blood pressure and blood sugar. Also, fiber helps protect your cardiovascular health and your heart. It also appears to decrease mortality from all causes.
According to a new study, increasing fiber consumption could be a easy change to help with weight loss and improve other areas of health.
A high-fiber diet can be tasty and filling, and also makes a pleasure to eat as you lose weight at the same time and improves your health and well-being.
The high-fiber diet basically gives confidence to people to eat more fiber-filled foods, different from the AHA diet that limits dieters from consuming certain foods. The researchers supposed that this approach is more tolerant, and people could find it easier to stick with instead of restrictive dieting.
Researchers made the team of 250 adult participants who were considered to be at risk of developing type two diabetes. So, half of the participants were randomized to follow the AHA diet and half followed the high-fiber diet.
Followers of the high-fiber diet were told to boost their fiber intake by at least thirty grams a day. The AHA diet was more complex with thirteen components:
- Consuming at least thirty g of fiber per day
- Limiting calories by eating more vegetables, fruits and whole grain foods
- Reducing sugar and salt consumption
- Choosing lean proteins
- Drinking little or no alcohol
- Balancing carbohydrate, fat, protein and cholesterol use to specific ratios.
After twelve months, the participants on the AHA diet had lost six lbs on average, and the high-fiber participants had lost an average of 4.6 lbs. Throughout the trial, all participants established lower blood pressure and enhanced insulin resistance and fasting insulin.
So, the researchers said that both diets were efficient at providing clinically important weight loss with offering protective benefits against metabolic syndrome and diabetes.Read More
In this article we are going to show you some of the anti-aging tips that will help you took younger and beautiful. So, just read our advices and try to follow them, and you will not only look young, you will feel the same way. Now, let’s start with some tips how to prevent wrinkles and how to promote longevity:
- You need to avoid the sun. No. 1. cause of early wrinkles is sun exposure. You need to wear sunscreen with a SPF of thirty – minimum, if you have to be on the sun outside. Also, tanning beds have been proven that cause cancer and wrinkle on your skin.
- Do not smoke! The second leading cause of premature wrinkles is smoking. Smoking upsets your body’s mechanism for breaking down old skin and to renewing it.
- You need to minimize alcohol consumption. Alcohol dehydrates the skin, reducing it of moisture. Also, it can cause distended or broken capillaries on the face and nose.
- You must exercise. Exercise is the No. 1 medicine of anti-aging, and the benefits are huge. It is a great anti-stressor for starters. Exercise improves circulation which in turn improves skin complexion. Exercise increase bone density, help maintain healthy body weight and build muscle. It also strengthens the heart, and decrease risk of certain cancers. Keep in mind that we lose 4% of muscle mass for every ten years after the age of twenty. Weight training increases bone strength and metabolism while running is good for the heart. Yoga and Stretching are also extremely beneficial.
- You need to have plenty of rest. The body needs time to repair itself. Keep in mind that lack of sleep can upset the body’s metabolism and also speed up the onset of age-related conditions.
- You need to drink 8 glasses of water every day. Water keeps your skin hydrated and the most important it flushes waste out of our system, acting as an internal moisturizer.
Now, we will show you some tips – how to reduce the appearance of wrinkles:
- Products over the counter. You should use regularly at night Glycolic Acid fifteen percent, and Alpha Hydroxyl Acid.
- You need to avoid chemical peels and outdated laser machines. There are many products that can make you look younger. You should ask your doctor about fluorescent pulse laser and intermittent pulse laser. Those lasers remove the discolorations from your skin and stimulate the collagen, actually reversing the signs of aging skin. But the thing is that they won’t do anything to prevent cancer.
And now we will tell you what you should have in your anti-aging grocery list: green and red vegetables, you need to buy fish, you need to incorporate oils into your diet and limit your sugar intake. Do not forget to drink a lot of water.
So, these are simple and very useful tips that will help you in your anti-aging process. Try out some of them, and you will see that they work perfectly.Read More